Saturday, February 20, 2010

Homeschooling



So, besides questions about Katherine, the other question I've been getting is "How is homeschooling going now that the baby is here?" Well, for the first two months, it didn't! But we're back to work now (Victoria is so glad!)! We don't have a schedule set in stone but our day goes something like this -

Breakfast for older kids and me/morning devotions
Clean-up/Morning chores
Calendar/Circle time
Feed Katherine while reading with older two
Math/Science
Music
Outside play for older two while I feed Katherine
Lunch
Naps/Rest time (Charlie and Katherine's naps don't always coincide but we're working on it - Victoria looks at books in her bed)
Snack
Crafts
Clean-up
Supper

Of course, I always reserve the right to throw a video into the mix if the need arises! :)

At this point we have school 3 days a week - next year we'll do 4 days.

Charlie participates in most of the activities with us although he occasionally needs an "alternative activity." Victoria's favorites? Music and crafts! She is pushing my creativity to its max trying to put everything to music and/or make a craft to go with it!

Every day is an adventure!

2 comments:

Anderson Crew said...

is Victoria in a set curriculum? Do you have a full room dedicated to homeschooling? (It looked good in the pics!)Do you co-op any activities with homeschool groups?

Yup-I am trying to "get a flow" going...I need help and ideas. The boys are going to do OT/PT/PE at the local on base school to give me a little break...we are still really learning life skills and social skills...community helpers, what is family, that we respect adults ;) etc

Rodriguez family said...

I'm looking for curriculum for kinder - so far I've just come up with my own - I still plan to do a lot of that but I'd like a little help that a curriculum could give . . . We have a play room/school room. Victoria and I are both excited about next year! She's a little worker! The only thing we have so far in the homeschool group is PE altogether - Victoria will start that next year. I think I'm going to post something on Facebook too looking for ideas! :)