Monday, March 29, 2010

Katherine's first trip south of the border!


All three of our children have made their first appearances in Mexico at 4 months! Good age - two rounds of immunizations behind us, not so little that this germaphobic mom isn't completely paranoid the whole time, and not yet crawling (with no carpeted floors at my in-laws' and lots of cactus at the great-grandparents', I don't want to take a crawler! :) The trip down and back was hard on her (with Victoria and Charlie I flew - back in the day when we had money for such things as plane tickets . . .), but once we got there she just blossomed! We had been having quite the issue with screaming fits in unfamiliar situations, and since I love to go places and meet new people, while at the same time, I'm not really one for wanting to draw attention to myself, I was not enjoying Katherine's little temper (it's hard to talk to people when your child screams if they look at her, and I was definitely drawing attention to myself!)! I was dreading the trip actually, expecting more of the same fits! But do you know she was great! She smiled at everyone (unlike her sister at that age) - let relatives hold her, just was generally "the perfect baby"! We've had a couple more of those fits since we've been back . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like she prefers Mexico..... :)

Rodriguez family said...

My mother-in-law says we need to leave her there! :)