Tuesday, September 23, 2008

First timers!



Well, we have joined the world of blogging! Jillian, you inspired me to do it! So, here's a short family update! We're still living in Henderson. Victor became a US citizen in April (yeah!) and is in the process of getting his alternative teaching certificate! God used a company buy-out to lead him into this brand new phase of our life. He is enjoying teaching math in a 4th grade bilingual classroom in Tyler - what a huge change - from computer system administrator to 4th grade teacher! But, as he wrote on his application, he's ready to invest in lives rather than investing in stockholders! Merry is still enjoying staying home with the kids and leading the WMU (Women's Missionary Union) at our church - basically she meets with groups of ladies a couple of times a month to do mission programs or to plan mission outreach activities for the church. Victoria is 3 1/2 and keeps us on our toes! She loves to sing (loudly) and has joined the children's choir at church where she steals the show in their performances! Charlie is 10 months old and into everything! I never realized how very different boys are than girls! :) Our parents are doing well - Victor's mom had bypass surgery this year but is recovering well. We were able to go to Mexico to be with her for awhile in March. Victor is now applying for residency for his parents, so they are here in Texas, living in Marshall with his brother while all the paperwork is completed. Then we will see where God leads them - I'm sure he has some exciting new ministry opportunities planned for them! We're excited about being able to see them more! Merry's parents are still involved in ministry here in Henderson - her dad is still teaching in the middle school (a ministry in and of itself!) while her mom continues with leading Christian Women's Job Corps. So, God is good!

2 comments:

Anderson Crew said...

Yay!!!! So glad you are blogging! LOVE the pics...looking forward to all your updates!

Karen Butterworth said...

Oh, I was hoping I could leave the first comment! Oh, well! I'll settle for being number two! I'm so glad you've started blogging too--it's addictive, so watch out! :) I'll be a regular reader-and-commenter.

And hey, in case you haven't been reading my blog, baby #2 is on the way, due in April. :) Talk to you soon!