Friday, May 29, 2009

Charlie on Mission - Beware!

I think it's very important for our children to be involved in ministry with us - what an important way for them to learn about serving the Lord! As WMU director for our church, I have lots of opportunities to involve our kids in missions. From visiting shut-ins and nursing home residents to attending missions luncheons to helping sort clothes for mission projects, there's something each month that the kids and I work on. This has never been an issue with Victoria - she's always been so easy to take anywhere. Well, from the moment Charlie started walking, things have been vastly different with him! :) I remember the first associational missions brunch we attended with Charlie as a toddler - after 10 minutes, I was asking why there was no childcare available! And I'm no longer so eager to actually go inside the house when we make visits - "oh, there's nothing here that he can hurt, just let him get down" . . . followed shortly by a crash!!! So, Charlie is stretching me to find some more creative ways to get the kids involved in missions! :) It's an adventure!

No comments: