Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Friendly Babies




As we stood in line at Walmart today and Charlie (pictured above with Victor's mom) flirted with the checkout girl, I thought back to when Victoria was his age. She was such a serious baby (that's her with our friend Ivy, an international student from ETBU)! I mean, we were in line at a restaurant once and she picked out some random man to stare at. Well, after awhile, he moved behind someone so she would stop looking at him - but she didn't! She just leaned over til she could see him again - he was very flustered and almost intimidated by my baby! People would act silly trying to get her to smile but it never worked! It was actually a little embarrassing to me - I mean, I love people - I was "Most Friendly" in high school and there I was with this anti-social baby! Once when she was about 2 we went to a party and I told her excitedly before we went in, "It's going to be so fun, we'll smile and say hi to all the people, right?" Victoria's response - "I am not going to smile or say hi." And . . . she didn't. So, when I was pregnant with Charlie, I actually prayed that God would give me a friendly baby! :) Yes, I really did. And while Charlie can have his serious moments (he even can stare like his sister at times - but at least it's not like he's "looking into your soul" as someone said about Victoria once!), he does finally loosen up and smile at people!

1 comment:

Anderson Crew said...

Isn't it amazing how different they can be from each other!

Love the stories and the pictures-keep them coming!