Thursday, April 9, 2009
Rick Warren
I've had a lot of respect for Rick Warren for a long time. And even though some people didn't like it, I didn't have a problem with him praying at the presidential inauguration for Obama. I mean, as Christians, we're called to pray for our leaders and Warren's prayer, I thought, was excellent - well-thought-out and even bold on several points. I felt he was using his platform in a great way for the Lord. But as your platform increases, so does your risk for falling into the temptation of seeking men's approval over God's approval. I guess that's what's happening because Warren's comments on Monday night on Larry King Live were inexcusable! Protecting the traditional family is no longer "his agenda"???? If you have not heard, you can read excerpts here - www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=481280. You can also see the video excerpt here - http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid77824.asp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment