Tuesday, April 28, 2009

We all scream for ice cream!

Our Thursday playdates are always fun, but last Thursday was great! One of the moms is a science teacher and she had all the kids make their own homemade ice cream. They put the ingredients in ziploc bags and then put those bags in larger ziploc bags with rock salt and crushed ice. Then we had to "smash" it until it turned into ice cream. Victoria thought it would never happen (actually it only took 10 minutes, but to a 4 year old . . . ), but she and Charlie loved it when it was done! Mommy loved it, too! I've had an aversion to sweets for the first trimester, but the sweet tooth is back! :) I wish I had pictures, but here's the recipe: 2 cups half & half, 1/4 cup cream, 1/3 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Enjoy!

No comments: